International Seminar on
"Water Related Disaster Solution"Yogyakarta, Indonesia
September 6TH - 8TH ,2013
Invitation From Chairman
Indonesian Association of Hydraulic Engineers Himpunan Ahli Teknik Hidraulik Indonesia (HATHI)
It is a pleasure for me to extend a very warm and cordially invitation on the upcoming HATHI International Seminar which will be held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on September 6th - 8th ,2013. This event is the fourth in the series of international seminar initiated by HATHI which the Seminar's theme is "Water Related Disaster Solutions".
As an isles country with around 17.000 islands and 131 river basin authorities Indonesia is facing problems related to the impacts of the climate change and global warming. The major impacts and threats of climate change in water resources is primarily on the change in its hydrologic cycle pitch, which in turn will need new approaches not only on the engineering and management strategy but also the socio-cultural-economic system.
With this international event, it is expected that Indonesian experts together with international experts will have a better understanding and a new thought in adapting the strategy to reduce the impacts of disaster caused by the climate changes. I believe that the Seminar will become a good forum for sharing experience in water resources development and management in relation to the impacts of water related disasters.
Through programs presented in various topics, this Seminar will highlight important issues to facilitate a forum for open discussion, devise fresh perspective and new ways of looking at the future and set speci?c goals that can be achieved. Discussion and presentation of opportunities, experience and update with new applications in the ?eld of water resources management in relation with water related disasters.
We look forward to seeing you in Yogyakarta and trust you will enjoy the Seminar.
Water-related natural disasters, namely droughts and flood, landslides, high tide flood and mount erruption flood are the primary killers, and heavily affect millions of people. These disasters are serious impediments to sustainable development and poverty reduction. Huge economic losses can also be ascribed to water-related disasters, including massive impacts to infrastructure, shelter, health and food production.
The influences of climate variability/change and global warming with the likely increased frequency of drought floods and other water related disaster will increase the vulnerability of populations. Demographic changes, urbanization, migration and lack of adequate infrastructure are also putting higher numbers of people at risk than ever before.
Therefore, assessment of the risks and possible negative consequences of water-related disasters encountered by global changes should be comprehensively studied and understood in order to have better solutions.
The Theme :
Water-related disaster solutions
Sub Themes :
- Risk management in water-related disaster
- Innovation in disaster mitigation and adaptation
- Capacity building for water resources management
- Community participation in disaster management
- Dr. Mochammad Amron (President of HATHI, Indonesia)
- Rani S. Fauzi, MT (Chairman of HATHI Branch of Yogyakarta Special Region, Indonesia)
- A. Tommy M. Sitompul, M.Eng. (General Secretary of HATHI, Indonesia)
- John P. Pantouw, MS, (General Treasury of HATHI, Indonesia)
- Pitoyo Subandrio, Dip. HE (Ministry of Public Works, Indonesia)
- Adang Saf Ahmad, CES (Ministry of Public Works, Indonesia)
- Darmanto, Dip. HE (Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Prof. Djoko Legono (Universitas Gadjah Mada , Indonesia)
- Prof. Sri Harto Br (Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Prof. Nadjadji Anwar (Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology, Indonesia)
- Prof. Nur Yuwono ( Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Prof. Djoko Legono (Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Doddi Yudianto, Ph.D (Parahyangan Catholic University, Indonesia)
- Prof. Yutaka Gonda (Niigata University, Japan)
- Prof. Yih-Cin Tai (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan)
- Dr. Shusuke Miyata (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Prof. Radianta Triatmadja (Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Prof. Suripin ( Diponegoro University, Indonesia)
- Prof. Shie-Yui Liong (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
- Prof. Hitoshi Tanaka (President of APD-IAHR, Tohoku University, Japan)
- Prof. Masaharu Fujita (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Prof. Kuniaki Miyamoto (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
- Prof. Chjeng-Lun Shieh (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan)
- Prof. Lianxiang Wang (China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research, China)
- Prof. Te Kipa Kepa Brian Morgan (The University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Prof. Neil Grigg (Colorado State University, USA)
- Dr. Arthur Mynett (Chairman IAHR Standing Committee on Global Water Issues Deltares, The Netherland)
- Prof. Mustafa Altinaker (University of Mississippi, USA, Chairman IAHR Working Group on International Flood Initiative)
- Prof. Roberto Renzi (University of Brecia, Italy, Chairman IAHR Working Group on Applied Hydrology)
- Dr. PP Mujumdar (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science)
The International Seminar aims :
- To give opportunity to local, regional and international participants to have a better understanding of water-related disaster and have a new thought on its risk management.
- To provide a platform for experts to share experiences and knowledge on the best profesional judgement of natural disaster based development and management under changing environmental and socio-economical conditions.
- To give opportunity to have innovation on water-related disaster solutions.
It is expected that around 400 participants (experts, practitioners, engineers, researchers, managers and decision makers) will attend the Seminar, consist of :
- HATHI members
- National and provincial experts from all over Indonesia
- International experts (Japan, ASEAN Countries, and other countries). It is expected that each of ASEAN Countries will present paper with Keynote Speeches of the Minister of Public Works of The Republic of Indonesia, IAHR and MLIT of Japan.
Program At A Glance
Day 1 (Friday, 6th Sept 2013)
0800 - 1700 Registration
0900 - 1600 Field Trip:
- Mount Merapi Museum
- Sabo Dam of Mount Merapi
- Prambanan Temple
1800 - 1900 Opening Ceremony
1900 - 2200 Welcome Dinner
Day 2 (Saturday, 7th Sept 2013)
0830 - 1030 Keynote Lectures (Plenary Session)
1030 - 1100 Coffee Break
1100 - 1300 1st Session
1300 - 1400 Luncheon
1400 - 1600 2nd Session
1600 - 1630 Coffee Break
1630 - 1830 3rd Session
1830 - 1930 Closing Ceremony
Format of Paper Writing and Presentation
A. FORMAT OF EXTENDED ABSTRACT
Contains only 3 important information:
- The explanation of the important of the study / topic requires a solution. (Answer of WHY)
- Means of solving the problem of the study / topic. (Answer of HOW)
- Demonstrates the advantages of the result / findings in solving problems. (Answer of WHAT FOR)
- Include number of handphone and email address
B. FORMAT OF FULL PAPERS
- Paper size A4
- Left and upper margin of 4 cm, right and bottom 3 cm
- Times New Roman font size 12, except title with size 14 bold
- Subtitles (sub heading) with size 12 bold
- Manuscript 1.5 spaces except the abstract, the explanation of formulas, table and table headings, titles of figures and figures and references in 1 space
- All writing starts from the left margin, except the title centered
- Systematically follow the following example:
Title of paper followed by the author (s) identity, institution and e-mail address.
At least contains information of the background of the problem, the methods of how to solve the problem and the benefit or advantages of above solution.
Written in a single paragraph 1 space, consist of maximum 200 words followed by key words (if any).
Introduction should contain:
- Information of what the importance of the problem to be solved.
- Literature review of related references.
- Theoretical base of the method to solve the problem (s).
Result and discussion
This main part should contain:
- Systematic sequence of carrying out the works (studies/researches).
- Result of the work (studies/researches).
- Sharp and deep discussions in line with the title.
Conclusion and recommendation
This should contain :
- Conclusion of the discussion in line with the title.
- A clear recommendation of what should be further done
This should contain expression of appreciation to any related parties.
This list contain (s) only related references cited in the manuscript.
C. FORMAT OF PRESENTATION
The presentation is expected to be packed in a power point display, (LCD and Note Book provided by the organizing Committee).
The duration of the presentation is 15 (fifteen) minutes.
Venue & Date
September 6th - 8th ,2013
The Seminar will be held at
the Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta
JL Laksda Adisucipto KM 8.7 · Yogyakarta Indonesia.
For more detailled information please visit : www.sheratonmustikayogyakarta.com
Spesial rate is oered to the participant of Seminar :
|For Room Type Rate Including Breakfast|
|Garden View||Rp. 800,000||Garden View||USD 90|
|Volcano View Room||Rp. 900,000||Volcano View Room||USD 100|
|Club Room||Rp. 1,000,000||Club Room||USD 110|
|Suite||On request||Suite||On request|
|*Reservation can be made through the Organizing Committee|
The Seminar is organized by HATHI (Himpunan Ahli Teknik Hidraulik Indonesia) in cooperation with Directorate General of Water Resources of Ministry of Public Works, Government of Yogyakarta Special Region, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta- Indonesia, IAHR (International Association for Hydro - Environment Engineering and Research), MLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism - Japan), JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency).
|March 15th, 2013||Deadline of Extended Abstract|
|April 1st, 2013||Notiﬁcation of Ext. Abstract Acceptance|
|June 10th, 2013||Deadline of Full Paper Submission|
|June 30th, 2013||Notiﬁcation of Full Paper Acceptance|
Please complete the attached registration form and send it to the Organizing Committee not later than July 31st, 2013
|before July 10th, 2013||after July11th, 2013||before July 10th 2013||after July11th, 2013|
|IAHR/Member HATHI||USD 350||USD 400||Rp. 1.500.000,-||Rp. 1.750.000,-|
|Student||USD 250||USD 300||Rp. 1.000.000,-||Rp. 1.250.000,-|
|USD 500||Rp. 2.000.000,-|
BNI (Bank Negara Indonesia)
Account Holder: Himpunan Ahli Teknik Hidraulik Indonesia
Account Number : 6123456777
Branch : BNI Melawai Raya
Please send us your receipt both by e-mail attacthment or fax.
Please visit our website:
Erwin : +62.812 155 2739
Indah : +62.813 10973401